For your application to be considered complete, you must submit the online application as well as all supplemental documents.
Who Should Pursue This Program?
Consider this program if you’re an experienced human services professional or a recent college graduate who would like to work as a general counselor or addiction specialist. It’s also a good fit if you’re planning to pursue a doctoral program after graduation.
Alumni are well-positioned to succeed; 100% of the program’s Class of 2022 graduates who sought employment and responded to a TCNJ career survey indicated they were working in the counseling field. Graduates are prepared for counseling or supervisory positions in businesses, community or government agencies, colleges, and substance abuse organizations.
Learn from nationally and internationally recognized faculty who are fully engaged with their students. Your professor knows your name and teaches all of your classes. You won’t find any TAs here.
Study alongside peers with solid counseling experience, learn from faculty who have valuable contacts in their field, and benefit from an alumni community with strong professional connections.
We consider applications on a space-available basis. You can apply up to and including the first day of the semester.
The Department of Counselor Education provides program details, including curriculum requirements.
We offer the same tuition rates no matter where you live. And there are a range of financial aid and assistantship options for TCNJ graduate students.
CACREP accredits master’s and doctoral degree programs in counseling and its specialties offered by colleges and universities in the United States and throughout the world.
Learn More About
- Bilingual Endorsement
- Brain-Based Teaching Certificate
- Classroom Climate Certificate
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education, Dual Certification
- Early Childhood Special Education, BS/MAT
- Educational Leadership Certificate
- Educational Leadership, MEd
- Educational Leadership, Post-Master’s Certificate
- Educational Leadership: Instruction, MEd
- Educational Studies, MA
- Elementary Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, BS/MAT
- Elementary Special Education, BS/MAT
- Environmental Sustainability Education Certificate
- Integrative STEM Education, MEd
- Integrative STEM Educational Methods Certificate
- Secondary Special Education, BS/MAT
- Special Education and Elementary Education, MAT
- Special Education with Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification, MEd
- Special Education, MEd
- Supervisor Certificate
- Teacher Leader Certificate
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certificate
- Teaching English as a Second Language Endorsement
- Teaching English as a Second Language Initial Certification
- Teaching English as a Second Language, MEd
- The Differentiated Classroom Certificate
- Urban Early Childhood Education, BS/MAT
- Urban Elementary Education, BS/MAT
- Urban Secondary Education, BS/MAT