As a first-year applicant, you must meet the eligibility requirements for the accelerated three-year bachelor’s degree in psychology. If you successfully maintain at least a 3.3 GPA and pass the standard counseling admissions interview at the end of the second year, you may then matriculate into the master’s program. You will not be subject to additional application fees.
Who Should Pursue This Program?
This combined master’s program is designed for students already enrolled in TCNJ’s accelerated three-year bachelor’s degree in psychology. You will fully complete your bachelor’s degree in May of your third year and subsequently begin taking graduate courses in the summer session, which begins in June. If you maintain good academic standing, you may matriculate into the master’s program without additional application fees or materials.
Alumni have a track record of success; 100% of the program’s Class of 2022 graduates who sought employment and responded to a TCNJ career survey indicated they worked in the school counseling field. Our nationally accredited MA in School Counseling prepares clinicians to work with diverse populations in a variety of elementary and secondary school settings.
Learn from nationally and internationally recognized faculty who are fully engaged with their students. Your professor knows your name and teaches all of your classes. You won’t find any TAs here.
Study alongside peers with solid counseling experience, learn from faculty who have valuable contacts in their field, and benefit from an alumni community with strong professional connections.
We consider applications on a space-available basis. You can apply up to and including the first day of the semester.
The Department of Counselor Education provides program details, including curriculum requirements.
TCNJ students pay undergraduate tuition and fees for the undergraduate portion of the program. When students matriculate into the graduate portion of the program, they pay graduate tuition and fees. Financial aid and assistantships are available.
CACREP accredits master’s and doctoral degree programs in counseling and its specialties offered by colleges and universities in the United States and throughout the world.
Learn More About
- Bilingual Endorsement
- Brain-Based Teaching Certificate
- Classroom Climate Certificate
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education, Dual Certification
- Early Childhood Special Education, BS/MAT
- Educational Leadership Certificate
- Educational Leadership, MEd
- Educational Leadership, Post-Master’s Certificate
- Educational Leadership: Instruction, MEd
- Educational Studies, MA
- Elementary Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, BS/MAT
- Elementary Special Education, BS/MAT
- Environmental Sustainability Education Certificate
- Integrative STEM Education, MEd
- Integrative STEM Educational Methods Certificate
- Secondary Special Education, BS/MAT
- Special Education and Elementary Education, MAT
- Special Education with Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification, MEd
- Special Education, MEd
- Supervisor Certificate
- Teacher Leader Certificate
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certificate
- Teaching English as a Second Language Endorsement
- Teaching English as a Second Language Initial Certification
- Teaching English as a Second Language, MEd
- The Differentiated Classroom Certificate
- Urban Early Childhood Education, BS/MAT
- Urban Elementary Education, BS/MAT
- Urban Secondary Education, BS/MAT