For your application to be considered complete, you must submit the online application as well as all supplemental documents.
Who Should Pursue This Program?
If you’re already several years into your special education teaching career and would like to further enhance your skills and classroom practices, this program is the perfect next step.
Our graduates are skilled teachers of students with disabilities and can be found at local, national, and global schools. Some alumni have chosen to pursue careers in educational research or curriculum development, and others have gone on to enroll in doctoral programs.
Study alongside peers with solid education experience, learn from faculty who have valuable contacts in their field, and benefit from an alumni community with strong professional connections.
We consider applications on a space-available basis. You can apply up to and including the first day of the semester.
The Department of Special Education provides program details including a typical course sequence.
We offer the same tuition rates no matter where you live. And there are a range of financial aid and assistantship options for TCNJ graduate students.
The College of New Jersey School of Education is a member in good standing of the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP).
Learn More About
- Bilingual Endorsement
- Brain-Based Teaching Certificate
- Classroom Climate Certificate
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education, Dual Certification
- Early Childhood Special Education, BS/MAT
- Educational Leadership Certificate
- Educational Leadership, MEd
- Educational Leadership, Post-Master’s Certificate
- Educational Leadership: Instruction, MEd
- Educational Studies, MA
- Elementary Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, BS/MAT
- Elementary Special Education, BS/MAT
- Environmental Sustainability Education Certificate
- Integrative STEM Education, MEd
- Integrative STEM Educational Methods Certificate
- Secondary Special Education, BS/MAT
- Special Education and Elementary Education, MAT
- Special Education with Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification, MEd
- Supervisor Certificate
- Teacher Leader Certificate
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certificate
- Teaching English as a Second Language Endorsement
- Teaching English as a Second Language Initial Certification
- Teaching English as a Second Language, MEd
- The Differentiated Classroom Certificate
- Urban Early Childhood Education, BS/MAT
- Urban Elementary Education, BS/MAT
- Urban Secondary Education, BS/MAT