For your application to be considered complete, you must submit the online application as well as all supplemental documents.
Who Should Pursue This Program?
This program is ideal if you already have your teaching license (New Jersey Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing, standard certification, or the equivalent of standard licensure from outside of New Jersey) and want to be certified to teach English as a second language.
Many graduates teach in U.S. K–12 schools, while others teach internationally. Graduates hold supervisory positions in ESL and bilingual/bicultural education and world languages; work as researchers or curriculum developers; and pursue further studies in areas such as education leadership, international education, elementary education, linguistics, education psychology, and literacy.
We consider applications on a space-available basis. You can apply up to and including the first day of the semester.
The Department of Special Education provides program details, including a typical course sequence.
We offer the same tuition rates no matter where you live. And there are a range of financial aid and assistantship options for TCNJ graduate students.
The College of New Jersey School of Education is a member in good standing of the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP).
Learn More About
- Bilingual Endorsement
- Brain-Based Teaching Certificate
- Classroom Climate Certificate
- Classroom Technology Certificate
- Early Childhood Special Education, BS/MAT
- Educational Leadership Certificate
- Educational Leadership, MEd
- Educational Leadership, Post-Master’s Certificate
- Educational Leadership: Instruction, MEd
- Educational Studies, MA
- Elementary Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, BS/MAT
- Elementary Special Education, BS/MAT
- Environmental Sustainability Education Certificate
- Integrative STEM Education, MEd
- Integrative STEM Educational Methods Certificate
- Secondary Special Education, BS/MAT
- Special Education and Elementary Education, MAT
- Special Education with Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification, MEd
- Special Education, MEd
- Supervisor Certificate
- Teacher Leader Certificate
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certificate
- Teaching English as a Second Language Initial Certification
- Teaching English as a Second Language, MEd
- The Differentiated Classroom Certificate
- Urban Early Childhood Education, BS/MAT
- Urban Elementary Education, BS/MAT
- Urban Secondary Education, BS/MAT