Graduate Application Requirements
All applications should be submitted online. If internet access is not available/extenuating circumstances exist, a paper form may be requested.
» How to Apply
The application fee is currently $75. Applications cannot be reviewed without payment of this fee and fees are non-refundable. This fee is waived for students who formerly enrolled at TCNJ. A check or money order payable to The College of New Jersey must be included in the envelope of supplemental documents. Do not send cash. Please print applicant’s name on the front of the check or money order.
An official transcript is required from each college you have attended other than The College of New Jersey. Official transcripts should be requested for The College of New Jersey from each institution you have attended and must arrive prior to the appropriate deadline.
View Transcript Details
- If your transcripts will be coming to us under a different last name (i.e. a maiden name), please be sure to inform our office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transcripts are accepted as official when they are received in their original sealed envelope. Transcripts stamped as “Issued to Student” cannot be accepted as official.
- The College of New Jersey will accept electronic transcripts for enrollment purposes if certain criteria are met regarding the transcript. Please see Acceptance of Electronic Transcripts (e-transcripts) for Enrollment Purposes.
- All students who attend a non-U.S. Institution must have all of their educational documents translated into English and evaluated on a course-by-course basis by an accredited agency as to the U.S. equivalency of their course work. (see http://www.naces.org/members.htm for an agency listing)
Please provide letters of recommendation from two individuals who can evaluate your academic performance, relevant work experience, and/or ability to pursue graduate study. Please provide this letter of recommendation to an individual who can evaluate your academic performance, relevant work experience, and/or ability to pursue graduate study. For those who are applying to any of the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Graduate Certificate programs references are required to come from a healthcare professional in a supervisory position, not a peer. For example, a recent faculty member, nurse practitioner, physician, unit educator, charge nurse, or managing clinician. A Master’s degree or higher is preferred.
View Recommendations Details
- Letters of recommendation should be sent electronically through your graduate application. When filling out the application, please submit the recommender’s contact information in the ‘Recommendations’ section of the application. The recommender will receive an automated request including an upload link where they can attach their letter of recommendation to. Upon submission, the letter will automatically attach to the application portal.
- Letters of recommendation may still be submitted via mail to the Office of Graduate Studies. These letters will be uploaded to your application portal.
- Recommendation letters are not required for non-matriculation applications.
A student essay is required with all completed applications. The essay may be included with the supplemental documents noted above or may be uploaded through the online application.
View Essay Details
- The essay should not exceed 2 pages.
- The essay should be a personal statement expressing your professional goals and reasons for wanting to enroll as a graduate student at The College of New Jersey.
Resume / CV
Resume/CV is required and may be uploaded through the online application. Your resume/CV should be accompanied by a bulleted list of all of your activities with participation dates.