For your application to be considered complete, you must submit the online application as well as all supplemental documents.
Who Should Pursue This Program?
The program is ideal if you’re a certified, practicing teacher who wants to earn a master’s degree while increasing your mentorship, development, and leadership skills. It’s especially fitting if you have already completed a TCNJ educational certificate and intend to stay in the classroom or if you plan to pursue the supervisor certificate to ultimately become a supervisor or department head.
Most of our students and graduates come from area school districts, including West Windsor-Plainsboro, Hamilton, Trenton, Ewing, and Hopewell Valley. Teachers with this degree move into different areas of certification, become better prepared to teach English language learners or students with disabilities, and gain leadership skills.
This program draws from multiple departments across TCNJ’s School of Education. You’ll learn from diverse, experienced faculty who will work closely with you on your capstone, which involves designing an action research project you’ll conduct at your school. You’ll also hear from alumni who serve as featured speakers and instructors.
Study alongside peers with solid education experience, learn from faculty who have valuable contacts in their field, and benefit from an alumni community with strong professional connections.
We consider applications on a space-available basis. You can apply up to and including the first day of the semester.
Students choose two education certificates or emphases for this degree.
The tuition and costs are based on certificate program selections. Tuition details are included on each certificate page.
The College of New Jersey School of Education is a member in good standing of the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP).
Learn More About
- Bilingual Endorsement
- Brain-Based Teaching Certificate
- Classroom Climate Certificate
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education, Dual Certification
- Early Childhood Special Education, BS/MAT
- Educational Leadership Certificate
- Educational Leadership, MEd
- Educational Leadership, Post-Master’s Certificate
- Educational Leadership: Instruction, MEd
- Elementary Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, BS/MAT
- Elementary Special Education, BS/MAT
- Environmental Sustainability Education Certificate
- Integrative STEM Education, MEd
- Integrative STEM Educational Methods Certificate
- Secondary Special Education, BS/MAT
- Special Education and Elementary Education, MAT
- Special Education with Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification, MEd
- Special Education, MEd
- Supervisor Certificate
- Teacher Leader Certificate
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certificate
- Teaching English as a Second Language Endorsement
- Teaching English as a Second Language Initial Certification
- Teaching English as a Second Language, MEd
- The Differentiated Classroom Certificate
- Urban Early Childhood Education, BS/MAT
- Urban Elementary Education, BS/MAT
- Urban Secondary Education, BS/MAT