International/Overseas Education Programs
M.Ed. in Educational Leadership, leads to Principal Certificate
Program Code: EDAD_MED04
Post-Master’s Educational Leadership Principal Certificate
Program Code: EDAD_SCT03
M.Ed. in Elementary Education
Program Code: ELEC_MED03
Elementary Education Certificate
Program Code: ELEC_SCT01
M.Ed. in Teaching English as a Second Language
Program Code: ESLA_MED01
Program Code: ESLA_SCT03
M.Ed. in Secondary Education
Program Code: SECE_MED01
Secondary Education Certificate for Social Studies
Program Code: SECE_SCT01
Secondary Education Certificate for Math
Program Code: SECE_SCT02
Secondary Education Certificate for Science
Program Code: SECE_SCT03
Secondary Education Certificate for English
Program Code: SECE_SCT04
For International Applicants of Off-Site programs
- International applicants must have score reports submitted for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if their native language is not English.
- All students who attend a non-U.S. Institution must have all educational documents translated into English and evaluated on a course-by-course basis by an accredited agency as to the U.S. equivalency of their course work.
- For students planning to attend an overseas/international site, the International Student Admissions Handbook for F-1 Students, I-20 or an Affidavit of Financial Support are NOT required.
Copy of Teacher Certification
- Teaching certificate or evidence of successful educational experience under a valid provisional or standard New Jersey or equivalent out-of-state certificate (NJAC 6A:9-12.5)
- At least three completed years of successful teaching or educational experience, as noted above, at time of application – required for admission to programs leading to principal/supervisor licensure.
National Standardized Admission Test Requirement
Applicants to the MA in Counselor Education programs are required to take the GRE unless they already hold a master’s or other high-level degree.