For your application to be considered complete, you must submit the online application as well as all supplemental documents.
Who Should Pursue This Program?
If you’re exploring a career change to elementary or early childhood education in New Jersey but don’t have your teaching license, this program is perfect for you. Enter with the bachelor’s degree you already hold and exit with the teaching certification you need to make a career out of inspiring young learners.
Learn from nationally and internationally recognized faculty who are fully engaged with their students. Your professor knows your name and teaches all of your classes. You won’t find any TAs here.
Study alongside peers with solid education experience, learn from faculty who have valuable contacts in their field, and benefit from an alumni community with strong professional connections.
We consider applications on a space-available basis. You can apply up to and including the first day of the semester.
The Department of Early Childhood and Elementary Education (ECEE) provides program details including curriculum, and FAQs.
We offer the same tuition rates no matter where you live. And there are a range of financial aid and assistantship options for TCNJ graduate students.
The College of New Jersey School of Education is a member in good standing of the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP).
Learn More About
- Bilingual Endorsement
- Brain-Based Teaching Certificate
- Classroom Climate Certificate
- Early Childhood Special Education, BS/MAT
- Educational Leadership Certificate
- Educational Leadership, MEd
- Educational Leadership, Post-Master’s Certificate
- Educational Leadership: Instruction, MEd
- Educational Studies, MA
- Elementary Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, BS/MAT
- Elementary Special Education, BS/MAT
- Environmental Sustainability Education Certificate
- Integrative STEM Education, MEd
- Integrative STEM Educational Methods Certificate
- Secondary Special Education, BS/MAT
- Special Education and Elementary Education, MAT
- Special Education with Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification, MEd
- Special Education, MEd
- Supervisor Certificate
- Teacher Leader Certificate
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certificate
- Teaching English as a Second Language Endorsement
- Teaching English as a Second Language Initial Certification
- Teaching English as a Second Language, MEd
- The Differentiated Classroom Certificate
- Urban Early Childhood Education, BS/MAT
- Urban Elementary Education, BS/MAT
- Urban Secondary Education, BS/MAT